The Ten Commandments of God
Christ – through the example of his own life and by his preaching – attested to the permanent validity of the Ten Commandments. The Decalogue contains a privileged expression of the natural law. It is made known to us by divine revelation and by human reason.
- I am the Lord your God: you shall not have strange gods before me.
- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
- Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
- Honor your father and your mother.
- You shall not kill.
- You shall not commit adultery.
- You shall not steal.
- You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
- You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.